SMALL NON-PLEASURE VESSEL BASIC SAFETY (MED
course, 1 day
If you have 8 or more students, please contact us and we will do our best to
schedule a course for you at your location.
Just wanted to drop you a line (pardon the pun)…to say THANK YOU for the great instruction on the MED3
and SVOP courses. You delivered the content in an easily digestible format and it was a great group of
students. It was informative and enjoyable!
I’m just a few weeks away from opening my Charter business, so I’ll keep you posted when we officially
Thanks again…let’s keep in touch!
The MED A3 is a Basic Safety Training Course for Operators and Crew which provides basic safety training for crew members of non-pleasure vessels of not more than
150 gross tonnage operating not more than 25 nautical miles from shore.
- This Transport Canada approved course has been designed to provide operators and crew members with:
- a basic understanding of the hazards associated with the marine environment
and the vessel they are operating,
- the prevention of shipboard incidents including but not limited to capsizing,
taking on water, overloading and running aground,
- the knowledge necessary to raise and react to alarms, and to deal with
- an ability to provide assistance in fire and abandonment emergency
- the knowledge and skills which will enable all persons aboard to assist in
their own survival and rescue,
- the ability to recognize and operate signaling devices including pyrotechnics
and electronic communication,
- the knowledge for proper boat care and preventative maintenance measures to
ensure the vessel is seaworthy in all marine conditions
To determine if this training applies to you, contact Transport Canada, Marine
This certificate is a pre-requisite for the SVOP certificate.
For Marine Emergency Duties course dates, rates and any
further information, contact Bruce Stott at